Key COVID-19 Resources for SNF Therapy Professionals
The resources below have been compiled from CMS.gov specific to the COVID-19 changes impacting SNF therapists.
Please submit any specific questions related to the information to our Just Ask Q&A Forum.
YOU CAN ASK CMS ANY QUESTIONS BY SENDING EMAILS TO: [email protected]
Temporary Regulations Related to COVID-19
The 1135 Waiver is still in place at this time. The PHE declaration was renewed on July 19th and will be in effect another 90 days.
The need for the use of the waivers should be related to the effect of COVID-19 on your area.
Here is the publication.
UPDATED COVID-19 REGULATIONS FOR SNF
12/10/2020: Telehealth Part B Updated Rules (Updated with PPS Final Rule released 12/1/2020)
The PPS Final Rule was released 12/1/20 and contained information regarding Telehealth and Virtual Services temporarily provided by therapists for the Public Health Emergency. Read the details HERE
This graphic outlines Virtual Services for PT, OT and Speech Part B for the PHE duration and through the end of the PHE calendar year.
Benefit Period Waiver “SE200 was updated with new info for SNF Billing for the Qualifying Hospital Stay and 60 Day Benefit Period. (Last updated 11/9)
COVID-19 Medicare Part A and Part B Resources from Waiver 1135
- Essential Employees – Federal Document
- 3 Day Hospital Stay Requirement for Part A – Waiver – CMS Letter
- 60 Day Spell of Wellness Requirement for Part A – Waiver – CMS Letter
- Telehealth, Virtual Check-Ins, E-Visits for Part B
- Article explaining all of the above for therapists – as of 4/9/20
- Please note that on 5/27/20 new rules were released – see top of page.
Telehealth and E-Visit Resources
- Rules updated by CMS 5/27/20 – See above
- Medicare Telehealth FAQ – Released 3/17/20
- Medicare Telehealth Provider Fact Sheet
- CMS Provider Telehealth Toolkit
- LTC Provider Toolkit (Applies to those that bill on Professional Claim form – ie: Physician services (not therapy)
- CY2020 Final Rule
- How To Find Your Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC)
Additional HIPAA Resources for Telehealth
Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Policy and Regulatory Revisions in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
This is where all CMS documents and updated information is located
Information on this CMS page specific to SNF Therapists can be found in the links below:
- Blanket Waiver Document – See Pages 9-12 for SNF
- CMS Dear Clinician Letter (PDF) (4/7/20) *Note “Clinician” refers to all types of providers
- Guidance memo – Exceptions and Extensions for Quality Reporting and Value-based Purchasing Programs (PDF) (3/27/20)
- Infection Control – Guidance memo – Exceptions and Extensions for Quality Reporting and Value-based Purchasing Programs (PDF) (3/27/20)
- CMS.GOV NEWSROOM
- CDC/FEMA/WHITE HOUSE Coronavirus Info
- COVID Facts and General Info with CDC
- COVID-19 CMS Partner Toolkit Link
- Long-Term Care Nursing Homes Telehealth and Telemedicine Toolkit (PDF) (3/27/20)
- 5/27/20 Updated Release of FAQ Document for Part B Billing
- COVID-19 Long-Term Care Facility Guidance – 4/2/20 (PDF)
- Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in nursing homes (REVISED 3/13/20)
- Nursing Home Five-Star Quality Rating Updates, Nursing Home Staff Counts, and Frequently Asked Questions (4/24/20)
- Guidance for Licensed Independent Freestanding Emergency Departments (EDs) to Participate in Medicare and Medicaid during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (4/21/20)
- New Nursing Home Requirements for Notification of Confirmed COVID-19 Among Residents and Staff (PDF) (4/19/20)
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Long-Term Care Facility Transfer Scenarios (PDF) (4/13/20)
- Nursing Home Reopening Recommendation FAQs (PDF) (5/18/20)
- Toolkit for States to Mitigate COVID-19 in Nursing Homes (PDF) (5/13/20)
- CMS letter to Nursing Home Facility Management & Staff (PDF) (5/11/20)
- Guidance on Notification Requirements of Confirmed and Suspected COVID-19 Cases Among Nursing Home Residents and Staff (5/6/20)
- CMS is holding multiple Podcasts, Open Door Forums and Office Hours. You can find audio recordings and transcripts on the link in chronological order.
- Office Hours will be help Tuesdays and Thursdays 5 pm EST
- Recordings are posted in 48 hours of presentation