How to Master the Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) – For MDS & SNF Professionals
This training program was created for St Peter’s Health Partner’s Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) MDS Coordinators, MDS nursing staff and administrative professionals. The focus of the material is on mastering each portion of PDPM (the Medicare Part A payment system) to understand how the MDS completion and ICD-10 coding impact each component’s score and contribute to the overall HIPPS code for reimbursement.
Details of the training program:
- The training program begins the week of Monday, May 23rd
- The training program is 6-weeks long and will consist of both course work that you will need to complete on your own each week, and weekly live group training sessions.
- Each Monday at 6 am, a new topic will be posted on your course page at MonteroTherapyServices .com You can access the material at any time thereafter.
- The training material that you complete on your own consists of a short video and ranges from 30-60 minutes weekly.
- Complete the video prior to the weekly live training sessions. Bring any questions you may have to the live training sessions.
- Live training sessions are held on Thursday mornings for 45-60 minutes (you will receive additional information about your training time and how to login to TEAMS.)
- In the live sessions, we will review the weekly topic, address specifics about the topic, look at case examples and answer any questions.
- Live sessions are interactive. You will need audio and visual capabilities on your device. MDS staff may also want to access PCC.
- The last live training session will be the week of June 27th.
- Live sessions are required for MDS staff and will focus on MDS training. Other staff may attend, though it is not required to complete the training program.
- You will have access to the course home page, materials and videos until September 30, 2022. You can go back and repeat any of the topics as often as desired.
- Once all 6 topics have been completed, you can take the Quiz and print out your Certificate of Completion. This can be done any time through 9/30/22.
Training Program Access:
Once registration is complete, you will receive an email with further instructions and a LINK to the TRAINING PROGRAM HOME PAGE.
Completing the information below will create a Membership account (free) on MonteroTherapyServices.com that will allow you to access the training program material. You will use the username and password you create below to log in and access the information each week. Enter your name as you would like it to appear on your Certificate. License #’s are only needed if you are claiming CEU credits.
*If you already have a Membership with us, login first with your user name and password, and then complete the registration.
If you have any technical questions, please contact us at [email protected]