Course material includes updates presented by CMS in the SNF PPS Proposed Rule released on 4/19/19.
Updates to the definition of Group Therapy and daily per diem rates are included.
Designed Specifically for the SNF Therapy Professional
- Cost of Course Depends on Your Membership Level:
- Basic Members/Non-Members: $298
- Individual Members:
- Facility Members: FREE Use the Facility Member Request Form
- This comprehensive course is designed for the SNF therapy professional to provide an in depth understanding of the Patient Driven Payment Model. This model will be the new payment system for SNF Medicare Part A residents starting 10/1/19 and is significantly different than the current RUG-IV model that has been in place for over 20 years. The course video series covers what therapists in the SNF setting need to know for all new components. Participants are taken step by step through the process of determining the most appropriate ICD-10 Code, Function Scoring and more. Participants will receive documents that can be printed out to enable Function Score calculations, Case Mix Group calculations, reimbursement calculations, Non-Therapy Ancillary point determination and more. This course is appropriate for Rehab Managers, PT, PTA, OT, COTA, SLP, MDS Coordinators and Administrators in the SNF setting. Participants will be able to view the video series and digest the information at their own pace. Upon successful completion of a Quiz, participants will be able to print out a Certificate of Completion for their records.
- Course Includes:
- Series of 5 Videos for Instruction – Go at your own pace:
- Course Includes:
- PDPM Overview
- PT and OT Case Mix Group Factors, Function Scoring, ICD-10 Code Selection & Calculations
- Speech Case Mix Group Factors & Calculations
- Nursing Component – Function Scoring, Case Mix Groups and Reimbursement
- Non-Therapy Ancillary Diagnosis and Reimbursement
- Downloads Include:
- PDF Function Score Calculation Worksheet
- PDF Non-Therapy Ancillary Component Worksheet
- PDF PDPM Calculation Walk-through
- Multiple additional resource handouts and links
- Level: (x) Entry Level (x) Intermediate (x)Advanced *Appropriate for all levels of learning as this is a new payment model
- Type: Video Instruction and Supplemental Handout Material. 1:1 Support for questions related to material.
- Author: Dolores Montero, PT, DPT, RAC-CT. About the presenter
- Contact Hours: 5.0 | 0.5 CEU’s
- Approved provider of CEU’s for PT and OT in New York State. Additional states listed here. Responsibility to determine if course meets state-specific guidelines for license renewal rests with the purchaser/therapy professional.
- Course Feedback
- “This was awesome. Best PDPM course I’ve been too.” [SNF CFO]
- “Most comprehensive course I’ve taken for PDPM…easily understandable and liked the visual instructions on ICD-10 Code determination.” [Corporate Rehab Director]
- “Lot’s of information. Liked that I could go at my own pace!” [Rehab Manager]
- “Handouts are great resource.” [Regional Rehab Director]
Login to access the Course Purchase Links
Not a Member?
Individual Members receive Free CE and 50% off all courses!
Want More In Depth Knowledge About the MDS (Minimum Data Set)?
Combine our 5-Hour PDPM Training Course with our 4-Hour MDS Training Course and Save!
Both courses for $199