The Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) determines the Medicare Part A reimbursement rate in the SNF setting.
Mastering the components of PDPM will allow therapy and MDS professionals to lead their facility to success.
This course will give you the tools for mastery!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- This course provides in depth discussion and training on each of the 5 components of PDPM: PT, OT, Speech, Nursing and Non Therapy Ancillary; as well as PDPM’s impact on all aspects of the MDS.
- The technical portion of the course follows a resident through each PDPM component to determine factors that impact Case Mix Group scoring for each component, and overall HIPPS Code determination. The case study shows scoring and payment determination through days 1-100 of the SNF stay
- The practical portion includes a walk-through of all spreadsheets, calculating scores and reimbursement rates through case examples.
- Videos 1-8:
- PDPM Intro and Overview
- Nursing Component
- PT and OT Components
- Speech Component
- Non-Therapy Ancillary Component
- Flat Rate Component
- Putting the Pieces Together – Case Study Results
- PDPM and the MDS: IPA’s, Interrupted Stays and more
- Presentation Handouts
- Supplemental Materials Including:
- PDPM CALCULATOR and WAGE INDEX LOOK-UP TOOLS
- PPS 5 Day MDS – Section GG
- PPS Interim Payment Assessment (IPA) – Section GG
- PPS Discharge Medicare Part A MDS – Section GG
- Section GG Coding Decision Tree
- Therapy and Nursing Function Score Training Sheet
- PDPM “Green Sheet” Sample Calculation Sheet
- PDPM Non-Therapy Ancillary Point Guide
Duration: 5 Contact Hours | .50 CEU’s
Level: (x) Entry Level (x) Intermediate (x) Advanced
This course is appropriate for Rehab Directors, PT, PTA, OT, COTA, SLP, MDS Coordinators, Billing staff and Administrators.
Type: Audio and Video. Participant has the ability to remotely interact with presenter to ask questions.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Instructor Credentials: Dolores Montero, PT, DPT, RAC-CT, RAC-CTA (Click for Bio)
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
1 Course totaling 5 Contact Hours of Continuing Education Credit *
Presentation slides, written materials and valuable downloads/links
Access to Course Instructor for questions about the material.
Certificate of Completion
*Participant is responsible for determining if course meets state requirements for CE credit. Contact us prior to purchase if you need assistance determining state requirements for your discipline.
WHAT COURSE PARTICIPANTS HAD TO SAY
“This was by far the best PDPM presentation I have attended! It tied all the pieces together.” SNF CFO – New York
“The PDPM Cheat Sheet has become my go-to. I use it every day to help with coding decisions and determine payment rates. Thank you!”
“These resources are amazing! I finally understand HIPPS codes!”
“The patient scenarios helped to make the information more real. It helped me understand the difference coding makes.”
“I have been to many PDPM inservices and I thought I had a good understanding of it. But after your course, I can say I there was so much I did not know before. Thank you.”
- Facility Members: FREE (Contact us for link)
- Individual Members: $99
- Individual Members get 1 free course per year (email us if you want this as your free one)
- This Course is included in our Rehab Manager Certification Program
*Log in with your Individual Membership to Access the purchase link above*
Learn more about our Membership Levels HERE
We are confident you will find value in this course.
If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your purchase.
Questions? Contact Us