Therapy and Nursing professionals have specific rules that guide their practice.
Working in the long-term care setting adds an additional layer of rules that require mastery.
These rules are the foundation upon which all other rules are built.
Do you know them?
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course reviews in detail the rules and regulations that govern the care of LTC residents, as well as the rules and regulations that dictate reimbursement. Topics discussed include what SNF therapy and MDS professionals need to know regarding:
- OBRA ’87
- State Survey Readiness
- MDS requirements
- State Operations Manual and Medicare rules dictating reimbursement
- Comparison of LTC rules to State Practice Act regulations for PT, OT and Speech Therapy disciplines
- All information is tied to developing Policies and Procedures for the Therapy Department.
This course is appropriate for Rehab Directors, PT, PTA, OT, COTA, SLP and MDS Coordinators.
- Video – Rules for Care and Practice
- Video – Rules for Reimbursement
- Presentation Handouts
- Supplemental Materials
- Index of all F-Tags
- State Operations Manual – Appendix PP
- CRITICAL ELEMENT PATHWAYS: FORMS SURVEYORS USE TO AUDIT EACH AREA
- INCLUDING THERAPY RELATED FORMS:
- Specialized Rehabilitative or Restorative Services
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
- Positioning, Mobility & Range of Motion
- Communication and Sensory Problems (Includes Hearing and Vision)
- General Care
- Environmental Observations
- Pain Recognition and Management
- Physical Restraints
- Pressure Ulcer/Injury
- Respiratory Care
- Resident Assessment MDS
- Dementia Care
- Dining Observation
- Infection Prevention, Control & Immunizations
- Behavioral and Emotional Status
- Quality Assessment and Assurance (QAA) and Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
- SNF Beneficiary Protection Notifications NOMNC ABN
- Discharge Planning
- INCLUDING THERAPY RELATED FORMS:
- CMS Form 672
- CMS Form 802
Duration: 3.5 Contact Hours | .35 CEU’s
Level: (x) Entry Level ( x) Intermediate (x )Advanced
Type: Audio and Video.
Participant has the ability to remotely interact with presenter to ask questions.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Instructor Credentials: Dolores Montero, PT, DPT, RAC-CT, RAC-CTA (Click for Bio)
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
1 Course totaling 3.5 Contact Hours of Continuing Education Credit *
Presentation slides, written materials and valuable downloads/links
Access to Course Instructor for questions about the material.
Access to course material for 1 year. Go back and repeat course as many times as needed.
Certificate of Completion
*Participant is responsible for determining if course meets state requirements for CE credit. Contact us prior to purchase if you need assistance determining state requirements for your discipline.
WHAT COURSE PARTICIPANTS HAD TO SAY
“I’ve been a Rehab Manager for 20+ years and I still had many “A-ha” moments!”
“Met my expectations and more! I wish I could bring you back to my facility.”
“The presenter made Medicare enjoyable….who knew that was possible!”
“This really helped me understand therapy’s role in state survey and as a whole in the SNF setting. I can use this information to train my staff and help improve our documentation (and I appreciate the tips on creating a department policy to support our staff!)”
- Facility Members: FREE (Contact us for link)
- Individual Members: $99
- This Course is included in our Rehab Manager Certification Program
*Log in with your Individual Membership to Access the purchase link above*
Learn more about our Membership Levels HERE
We are confident you will find super value in this course.
If you are not completely satisfied we will refund your purchase!