CMS released the SNF PPS Final Rule on 7/31/18 and confirmed the transition to a new Medicare Part A payment model effective 10/1/19. The “Patient Driven Payment Model” – set to replace the RUG-IV model – sets daily Medicare Part A payment rates on factors other than therapy days and minutes. Therapy professionals will need to shift their focus from therapy volume to inclusion of MDS knowledge, expanded ICD-10 coding and more. Therapy and nursing collaboration will be more important than ever.
Join us for an information-packed training session to include the following:
- Details about PDPM key components: PT, OT, Speech, Nursing, Non-Therapy Ancillary and Non-Case Mix
- ICD-10 coding importance
- Function Score calculation and impact
- Section GG’s role in scoring
- How cognition, swallowing disorders and mechanically altered diets play a role in the new model
- MDS Schedule impact
- How therapy managers and MDS Coordinators can prepare for the changes ahead
- Case examples for short term and long term residents
Course includes a 2 Hour Webinar AND a 1 Hour live material review and Q & A session
How will this work? Designed with the busy professional in mind…
- Course will be released on 11/1/18
- You can register through 11/28/18 for the coures and live Q&A session
- If you register before 11/1 you will receive a confirmation email now followed by an additional email 10/28/18 with webinar instructions
- If you register after 11/1 your confirmation email will include the link to the webinar
- You will have from 11/1 to 11/28 to review the webinar material at your leisure. Take your time and absorb the information. You will not need to complete the full course in 1 sitting. Upon completing the course you will be able to print out your Certificate.
- Then gather your questions and log in on Thursday 11/29/18 from 2-3 pm for a review of the material and live Q&A with our team experts. Log on information for the Q&A session will be sent to your email 48 hours prior to the start
- Don’t have any questions? That’s ok…log in and listen to your peers. We can all learn from each other. Q&A session is optional.
Cost for the Webinar depends on your Membership Level: *Click for more info on Memberships
- Individual Members receive 50% off : Your cost is $99
- Facility Members receive 50% off: Your cost is $99
- Basic Members pay full price: Your cost is $198
Registration Deadline: November 28, 2018
Contact Hours: Approved for 2.4 Contact Hours / .24 CEU’s – for PT and OT in New York. Check our website for additional states. It is the responsibility of the attendee to verify if this material qualifies for inclusion as a state approved CE.
Level: ( x ) Entry Level ( x ) Intermediate ( x )Advanced *This material is new for everyone*
Type: Webinar and Live Q&A Session
Author: Dolores Montero, PT, DPT, GCS, RAC-CT About the Presenter
You are currently NOT Logged In
LOGIN is required to access the Course Registration Links – Use the Login box on the right
If you are not a Member yet, why not subscribe today? Our Basic Membership is FREE and includes access to the Resource Library and more!