- Basic: $198
- Individual: $99
- Facility: Submit Facility Course Purchase Form Here
- Contact Hours: 4.0 – Contact Hours / .4 CEU’s
- This course defines skilled care for therapy and nursing in long term care, including the criteria for Medicare Part A and Part B coverage. Updates to the Medicare Benefit Policy Manual as a result of the Jimmo v. Sebelius Settlement Agreement are discussed in detail, including how these updates impact therapy practice. The types of therapy are detailed, including Rehabilitative, Skilled Maintenance and Non-Skilled Maintenance, with examples for each provided. The role of the Therapist Assistant in relation to the regulations for Skilled Maintenance are discussed for both Part A and Part B. The professional will complete this course with a thorough understanding of when Skilled Maintenance Therapy is indicated. This presentation is ideal for the beginner or intermediate clinician who has some experience working in the long term care setting and familiarity with Medicare. This course is appropriate for therapists, therapist assistants, nurses, administrators, social workers and those new to the long term care setting who want an overview of the different types of therapy programs based on Medicare coverage criteria.
- Level: ( x ) Entry Level (x) Intermediate ( )Advanced
- Type: Download / Self Study
- Author: Dolores Montero, PT, DPT, GCS, RAC-CT. About the Author
Login to access the Course Purchase Links
Not a Member?
Individual Members receive 50% off all courses!