Issuing Beneficiary Notices and navigating the Appeals Process can be challenging.
Knowing the ropes can prevent financial loss to your facility.
This course will give you the roadmap for success!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Chart audits, issuing beneficiary notices and the appeals process are a major part of the SNF Rehab Manager and/or MDS Coordinator’s day. Lack of compliance with Medicare directives, including not issuing the “right form at the right time” can cost a facility a huge chunk of change. In this presentation, we will review the process for issuing all required documentation to the resident, including the Medicare Notice of Non-Coverage, Detailed Explanation of Non-Coverage, Advanced Beneficiary Notice for Part A, and Advanced Beneficiary Notice for Part B. The learner will be provided with each form, form instructions and a chart to guide issuing forms for each scenario encountered in the SNF. Each form can be downloaded and customized for your SNF. The presentation will also cover the Medicare appeals process, both from the resident appeal and facility appeal perspectives. Key concepts for documentation to assist with overturning facility claim appeals are provided. The role of the SNF therapist is tied to the information throughout the presentation.
- What are Beneficiary Notices and Why are they required
- SNF ABN
- ABN for Medicare Part B
- Understand the penalties for not issuing the correct forms timely
- Review of the Beneficiary Appeals Process
- Review of the Facility Appeals Process
- The role of the SNF therapist as it relates to Beneficiary Notices, Appeals and Compliance
- Video Presentation
- Presentation Handouts to Print and/or Download
- Supplemental Materials to Print and/or Download
- Beneficiary Notice Cheat Sheet: Outlines all forms and when to issue each
- WORD Documents to customize for your SNF:
- CMS NOMNC (Medicare Part A & B)
- CMS DENC (Medicare Part A & B)
- CMS SNF ABN (Medicare Part A)
- CMS ABN CMS-R-131 (Medicare Part B)
- Directions to complete each form above
Duration: 1.5 Contact Hours | .15 CEU’s
Level: (x) Entry Level (x) Intermediate (x) Advanced
This course is appropriate for Rehab Directors, PT, PTA, OT, COTA, SLP, MDS Coordinators, Billing staff and Administrators.
Type: Audio and Video. Participant has the ability to remotely interact with presenter to ask questions.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Instructor Credentials: Dolores Montero, PT, DPT, RAC-CT, RAC-CTA (Click for Bio)
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
1 Course totaling 1.5 Contact Hours of Continuing Education Credit *
Presentation slides, written materials and valuable downloads/links
Access to Course Instructor for questions about the material.
Certificate of Completion
*Participant is responsible for determining if course meets state requirements for CE credit. Contact us prior to purchase if you need assistance determining state requirements for your discipline.
WHAT COURSE PARTICIPANTS HAD TO SAY
“It’s the cheat sheet for me! My team will love this. Thank you!”
“As a therapist, the information on language to use in our documentation to ensure we win the appeal was very helpful.”
“The links to all the forms and instructions were very helpful.”
- Facility Members: FREE (Contact us for link)
- Individual Members: $99
- Individual Members get 1 free course per year (email us if you want this as your free one)
- This Course is included in our Rehab Manager Certification Program
*Log in with your Individual Membership to Access the purchase link above*
We are confident you will find value in this course.
If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your purchase.
Questions? Contact Us