Understanding the MDS and RAI process will provide insight into how the SNF setting operates.
Master the MDS and you will master your role in the overall process.
Therapy professionals can play a key role in the MDS process for each resident and impact the outcomes for each facility.
Now is the time to learn the MDS!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- This course provides in depth discussion on all aspects of the MDS.
- Course Outline:
- MDS Overview:
- OBRA ’87
- State Operations Manual
- RAI Manual
- The Role of the SNF Therapist
- OBRA vs PPS
- Item Sets and Scheduling
- Section Specifics
- The Assessments and Interviews: C,D,F,J
- Function and Nutrition: G , K
- Major Therapy Sections: GG and O
- MDS Impact on:
- Quality Measures
- MDS Overview:
- Discussion of MDS changes coming 10/1/23 with view of new MDS questions
- Therapy role in the MDS process
- Video Presentation
- 4 Videos
- Presentation Handouts
- Download slides
- Supplemental Materials Including:
- Section GG Coding Decision Tree
- Montero Therapy and Nursing Function Score Training Sheet
- Montero PDPM “Green Sheet” Sample Calculations
- CMS Memo Regarding Restraints
- Comprehensive MDS
- PPS MDS
- A peek at all MDS changes for 10/1/23
Duration: 5 Contact Hours | .50 CEU’s
Level: (x) Entry Level (x) Intermediate (x) Advanced
This course is appropriate for Rehab Directors, PT, PTA, OT, COTA, SLP, MDS Coordinators, Billing staff and Administrators.
Type: Audio and Video. Participant has the ability to remotely interact with presenter to ask questions.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Instructor Credentials: Dolores Montero, PT, DPT, RAC-CT, RAC-CTA (Click for Bio)
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
1 Course totaling 5 Contact Hours of Continuing Education Credit *
Presentation slides, written materials and valuable downloads/links
Access to Course Instructor for questions about the material.
Certificate of Completion
*Participant is responsible for determining if course meets state requirements for CE credit. Contact us prior to purchase if you need assistance determining state requirements for your discipline.
WHAT COURSE PARTICIPANTS HAD TO SAY
“I had no idea the MDS was ‘all this!’ I can bring back this info to my team and we can make a difference.”
“Seeing the MDS questions was very helpful vs just hearing about them. I was able to make a connection.”
“I am an OT responsible for the BIMS in my facility and I had no idea there were rules to ask the questions. I wish I had this training last year!!”
- Facility Members: FREE (Contact us for link)
- Individual Members: $99
- Individual Members get 1 free course per year (email us if you want this as your free one)
- This Course is included in our Rehab Manager Certification Program
*Log in with your Individual Membership to Access the purchase link above*
We are confident you will find value in this course.
If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your purchase.
Questions? Contact Us