Understanding Medicare Part A in the SNF setting is a must for therapy & MDS professionals.
Medicare Part A is much more than the Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
Now, more than ever, therapists need to understand all the components of Medicare Part A, including the impact of the MDS and Quality Measures on Part A reimbursement.
Let us help you put all the pieces together!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course reviews in detail the rules and regulations that govern Medicare Part A in the SNF setting. Course material includes technical criteria (ie: 3 night stay, 30 day window, 60 day spell of wellness), coverage criteria (skilled care, reasonable and necessary care) and a detailed look at the Part A reimbursement system. RUG-IV is reviewed as a comparison to PDPM, with the focus on the PDPM reimbursement structure. The MDS, MDS scoring and resulting UB-04 billing is reviewed. SNF Part A negative practice patterns and fraud triggers for PDPM are reviewed, including strategies for therapy department compliance.
- Technical and Coverage Criteria
- Medicare Part A Reimbursement Pre/Post PDPM
- RUG-IV, PDPM, MDS, Billing, UB-04
- Fraud Triggers for PDPM
- Presentation Handouts
- Supplemental Materials Including:
- Skilled vs Maintenance Algorithm
- PPS MDS Schedule for Part A RUG-IV vs PDPM
- Montero RUG-IV Category Chart and PDPM Chart
- Sample PPS / Rehab Meeting – Data Collection Tool
- Sample Medicare Part A Triple Check Form
- Sample Therapy 3 Day Advanced Discharge Communication Form (to Nursing)
- BONUS CONTENT: Video including all temporary rule changes due to Public Health Emergency COVID-19 Waivers impacting Medicare Part A SNF rules
Duration: 5 Contact Hours | .50 CEU’s
Level: (x) Entry Level ( x) Intermediate (x )Advanced
This course is appropriate for Rehab Directors, PT, PTA, OT, COTA, SLP and MDS Coordinators
Type: Audio and Video
Participant has the ability to remotely interact with presenter to ask questions.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Instructor Credentials: Dolores Montero, PT, DPT, RAC-CT, RAC-CTA (Click for Bio)
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
1 Course totaling 5 Contact Hours of Continuing Education Credit *
Presentation slides, written materials and valuable downloads/links noted above.
Access to Course Instructor for questions about the material.
Certificate of Completion upon successful Quiz Completion
*Participant is responsible for determining if course meets state requirements for CE credit. Contact us prior to purchase if you need assistance determining state requirements for your discipline.
- Facility Members: FREE (Contact us for link)
- Individual Members: $99
- Individual Members get 1 free course per year (email us if you want this as your free one)
- This Course is included in our Rehab Manager Certification Program
*Log in with your Individual Membership to Access the purchase link above*
We are confident you will find value in this course.
If you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your purchase.
Questions? Contact Us