- CMS SNF VBP Program Overview and Home Page
- SNF VBP Program’s Hospital Readmission Measure – Details and Updates
- FY 2022 SNF VBP Program Performance Score Report User Guide
- FY 2021 SNF VBP Facility-Level Dataset | Provider Data
- FY 2021 SNF VBP Aggregate Performance | Provider Data Catalog
- SNF VBP FAQ Document – August 2020
- SNF VBP Score Overview – CMS YouTube Video
- CMS – Accessing SNF VBP Confidential Reports – Instructions/Tutorial
- Understanding the SNF VBP Report – Tutorial
- SNF VBP – Understanding Confidential Feedback Report
- MLN article (PDF) about the Program
Public Reporting of SNF VBP Program Data
The SNF VBP Program publicly reports facility-specific performance information, including baseline period and performance period SNFRM scores, achievement scores, improvement scores, performance scores, rankings, and incentive payment multipliers, as well as aggregate-level data. SNFs are given the opportunity to review their confidential annual performance score report before the data are made publicly available. Generally, SNF VBP facility-level and aggregate-level results are made publicly available in the fall following performance score report distribution.
2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Changes:
*On September 2, 2020, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued an interim final rule with comment period (IFC) during the public health emergency (PHE) in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This IFC revised the FY 2022 Skilled Nursing Facility Value-Based Purchasing (SNF VBP) Program performance period as a result of the PHE for COVID-19. This IFC also announced that with respect to the SNF VBP Program, if, as a result of a decision to grant a new nationwide ECE without request or a decision to grant a substantial number of individual ECE requests, we do not have enough data to reliably compare national performance on measures, we may propose to not score SNFs based on such limited data or make the associated payment adjustments for the affected program year. An announcement of this release can be found on the CMS.gov Newsroom.
CMS is implementing extreme and uncontrollable circumstances policy exceptions and extensions (PDF) for upcoming quality measure reporting and data submission deadlines, including for the SNF VBP Program, in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE). CMS also issued an interim final rule with comment period (IFC) which revised the FY 2022 SNF VBP Program performance period as a result of the PHE for COVID-19.