- Basic Member: $198
- Individual Member:
- Facility Member: Use the Facility Member Request Form
- Contact Hours: 6.0 | .60 CEU’s
- This course outlines the types of Medicare present in the long term care setting: Part A, B and “C” and discusses each type in detail. Each type of Medicare is defined, including who is eligible, what is covered and how the skilled nursing facility receives reimbursement for each type of Medicare. The Medicare Benefit Policy Manual (MBPM) is reviewed and the key components outlined. Medicare coverage criteria for skilled services is explored and discussed. Integrity in practice and the responsibilities of each professional working with Medicare is discussed. This course will assist the clinician in understanding the difference between Medicare types and how each type is reimbursed in the skilled nursing facility setting. This presentation is ideal for the beginner or intermediate clinician who has some experience working in the long term care setting and familiarity with Medicare. This course is appropriate for therapists, therapist assistants, nurses, administrators, billers, social workers and those new to the long term care setting who want an overview of the payment system.
- Level: (x) Entry Level ( ) Intermediate ( )Advanced
- Type: Download – Self Study
- Author: Dolores Montero, PT, DPT, GCS, RAC-CT. About the presenter
Login to access the Course Purchase Links
Not a Member?
Individual Members receive 50% off all courses!