- Basic Member: $198
- Individual Member:
- Facility Member: Use the Facility Member Request Form
- Contact Hours: 6.0 – Contact Hours / .6 CEU’s
- This course discusses in detail the necessary components for coverage for Medicare Part A and Part B from both a nursing and therapy perspective. The Medicare Benefit Policy Manual (MBPM) is reviewed and the key components outlined. Examples of Medicare coverage criteria for skilled nursing and skilled therapy are provided. The most recent Medicare Benefit Policy Manual updates are discussed in detail, including documentation specifics and Maintenance Therapy. Skilled Maintenance is contrasted with non-skilled Maintenance, with examples and scenarios for each. The role of the Physical Therapist Assistant and the Occupational Therapy Assistant are discussed in relation to the restrictions imposed for Part B services in the most recent update. This presentation is suitable for the beginner, though ideal for the intermediate clinician who has some experience working in the long term care setting and familiarity with Medicare. This course is appropriate for therapists, therapist assistants, nurses, administrators, billers, social workers and those professionals in long term care attempting to gain a better understanding of the eligibility requirements, technical requirements and clinical criteria for Medicare Part A and B residents.
- Level: (x) Entry Level (x) Intermediate ( )Advanced
- Type: Self Study
- Author: Dolores Montero, PT, DPT, GCS, RAC-CT. About the presenter
Login to access the Course Purchase Links
Not a Member?
Individual Members receive 50% off all courses!