In the SNF setting, every October 1st is marked with change. This October 1st, however, may be change overload!
It seems that CMS is releasing new Rules and Manuals left and right, and in order to keep some sort of sanity and sense of organization, I’ve included a listing here with links so you can stay on top of things!
Here’s what’s new in the last few weeks.… make sure you update your old links and Manuals.
Medicare Part A / PDPM
- Final Rule for 10/1/23
- Explanation of Final Rule for Therapy & MDS Staff
- ICD-10 Mapping Files (CMS updated this 9/18/23)
- Calculators and Tools
- New RAI User’s Manual for 10/1/23
- Errata Document – Manual Updates released 9/8/23
- New MDS Assessment Forms for 10/1/23 v1.18.11v5
- List of State RAI Coordinators
- OSA Manual and Item Sets
- CMS Q&A Document of New MDS Questions
Quality Measure programs
QM / 5 Star
- Quality Measures User’s Manual v.16.0 (Released last week)
- 5 Star Quality Rating Technical User’s Guide (Released last week)
- Measure Calculation & User’s Manual
- List of MDS Questions that trigger SNF QRP 2% payment penalty (if dashed)
- QRP FAQ Document
medicare Part B (Telehealth)
- Proposed Rule
- Explanation of Rule for SNF Therapy & MDS
- Updated list of CPT Codes for Telehealth for CY2024
Information overload is real! Especially this time of year. We will make our way through all the changes together!
As always, if you have any questions about the information or how it will impact you, send them to us here: Just Ask Q&A
In your corner,
Dolores Montero, PT, DPT, RAC-CT, RAC-CTA
Montero Therapy & MDS Resource Team
Register For Webcast: Medicare Part A & Part B Changes All SNF Therapy & MDS Professionals Need To Know (1.2 CE’s)
Free registration through 10/6/23